03 March 2009

Third Date Expectations

A few years ago, when I was in the process of re-entering the dating world after a nearly ten-year hiatus, a friend (who happens to be male) told me that there are expectations that a third date will end with sex.

I remember staring at him, wide-eyed and childlike. "You're joking, right?" I asked.

"What's the big deal?" was his response. "Be glad. Sex is better when you're dating, it just doesn't happen as much as when you're married".

That conversation took place about two and a half years ago, and is probably the biggest influence in my extraordinary ability to find enough deficiencies after the second date to avoid a third.

I'm about 20 minutes shy of a third date, and I can guarantee this one will end much like my first two third dates.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Just have sex on the second date. Problem solved. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Pandora's answer! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete