19 March 2009

The Starter

So, I had a starter marriage, and with it a starter husband. My relationship and marriage was amazing, until it wasn't anymore. And because it had been so incredibly beautiful, it was heart-wrenching to try to let go of what had been, until we could no longer see anything but what had taken its place. It was that icky, painful, complicated, love just ain't enough place. And one last time I asked him to go. And he did. And as guilty as I sometimes feel for feeling the way I do, I have never been happier or felt more sanguine in all my life. I'm happy with my life, my job, my home, my me. And it's awesome!

But sometimes I miss him. I miss him now, in the midst of March Madness. It was always our thing. We loved college basketball together, and we had a blast with college basketball. And as much as I still love me some college basketball (when I have time for it), and as much as it sometimes feels like it's just not the same without him, i've still got passion for my team. GO BRUINS!!!

The end.

P.S. I'm sure the starter will come up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment