08 March 2009

The Philosopher

I liked this one. He was so cute and cuddly (for some reason, it feels odd using the past tense when writing about qualities he probably still has), and it was really nice kissing him. But there was a always a but. I have not quite been able to put my finger on what the but was about, but there was something I just couldn't shake.

I enjoyed spending time with him, talking to him, and experiencing him. At times, he was so intellectual and interesting, engaged in deep thoughts about deep things, and was incredibly articulate and philosophical. but then there were other times when he reminded me of a lost and innocent little boy, whose problems were easily solved with a bowl of ice-cream and a little bunny to cuddle.

Until the day came when he told me that if we didn't have sex (and I'm probably paraphrasing here, because I was so astounded that a man my age would actually engage in such a high-school conversation), we couldn't date anymore. Really? I mean, did he really try to pressure me into sex by threatening that he'd break up with me? Could he really not look into the future, a play or two, to see where that strategy would land him?

Bad move.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment