08 August 2010

The Playlist

I talk about playlists sometimes over on notes, but've never really had cause to discuss them here. I mean, how often are we so moved by love that we seek the sentiments of others to put our own in perspective? For me, this is the second time in my life I've been so moved by love.

My boyfriend has been working on a playlist for me, so I thought it only fair I do the same in return. Two weeks ago, I closed my eyes, put all of my mind into [insert boyfriend's name], and hit shuffle. And I think I'm finished. Though I'll listen to it a few more times before I hand it off to him, it's on point.

I'm going through this crazy emotional wonderful roller coaster of falling in love with someone who is as mad for me as I am him. And even though my cautious friends, who seek to spare me another round of utter disappointment, don't get this love affair that's consuming my every breath, I know he's the one I've been waiting for.

And there is much, much more about him to come.

So not... the end.

~k

No comments:

Post a Comment