16 February 2009

The Bogey

During the summer before graduating high school, I dated the boy who I had, had a crush on since the age of twelve. He was the school jock; the guy you either wanted to be with or be like. He had every girl in the palm of his hand and I think every one of my friends had been involved with him at some point during our time at high school. (Bleurrghh.)

Our first date was a hike through the water meadows, which is a park on the outskirts of our hometown. We walked, sunbathed and skinny dipped in the river's cool waters. Whilst resting on the bank of the river, stark bullock naked, he pulled me close and went to touch my face. Thinking this was a romantic gesture, I took his hand and kissed it. However moments later, I was mortified when he started laughing. He then informed me that he was actually trying to remove the hanging bogey from my nose, rather than make a move on me.

Young, clueless, awkward and in hindsight, hilarious.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment